Sqrzx 3 by Retroguru is a pretty insane Jump’n Run Game with puzzle elements. Make sure your mind works faster than a thunder and your fingers should be even faster than that. Ported to GameCube by Oibaf, a Wii version exists as well along with plenty of other ports.
Mama Bear Puzzle by Sebastian Mihai is a direct implementation of the “15 puzzle” game, which comprises a four by four sliding tile area, where one tile is missing. The goal is to restore a configuration where tiles are in order.
Giana’s Return aims to be a worthy UNOFFICIAL sequel of “The Great Giana Sisters” and has been yesterday released for Nintendo GameCube by Oibaf.
Evil Swampy and his followers have stolen the magic ruby, which made it once possible for Giana and Maria to return from their dream. Many creatures are after this ruby, but does it really has power, or was it just a coincidence?As this is not bad enough, Swampy fell in love at first sight with Giana’s sister Maria and shamelessly kidnapped her. She simply has been at the wrong place at the wrong time.You will now have to take on the role of Giana and get back the magic ruby. And most important of all, save your beloved sister Maria and get home save!
Cheesetoe by RbR and Skomp is a GameCube game released at Revision 2014. Try to score by closing boxes on the grid. You can either set a side, shift a row/column or throw a bomb per turn. The powerups are located on the grid and you can get them by closing a box at their position. The game is over when every box on the grid has been closed. Be careful: if you still have bombs left when the game ends, you’ll loose points!
CleanRip by emu_kidid is a Gamecube and Wii optical disc backup tool for the Nintendo Wii.
The “Clean” in CleanRip comes from the fact that this tool does not require nor utilize any custom IOS (cIOS). It simply requires that you have the latest Homebrew Channel (HBC) installed. Also, if it finds that IOS58 is installed, you will be able to rip discs at USB 2.0 speeds.
* GameCube version integrated into one codebase GX GUI
* Fix disc dumping on Wii U (Wii discs only of course)
* Fix ETA calculation on non GC discs
* Fix fatUnmount
*Stop larger than 4GB chunks on FAT FS
* Fix potential issue when read error occurs
Genesis Plus is a Sega Genesis / Sega Megadrive / Sega Master System emulator for Wii and GameCube. Additionally a very simple SDL port for Win32 is available too. This is a port of Charles MacDonald’s Genesis Plus, with plenty of improvements.
* fixed access to read-only registers on Main-CPU side (“Batman Returns” platform level freeze)
* fixed & improved emulation of PRG-RAM write protection register (“Lunar Eternal Blue” japanese version freeze)
* improved SUB & MAIN-CPU synchronization (“Dracula Unleashed” freeze when using US Model 2 BIOS)
* improved CPU polling detection
* improved CDD emulation & added CD drive access time for SEEK command (“Panic!/Switch” intro missing scene)
* added missing reinitialization of MAIN-CPU PRG-RAM bank on reset
* added .OGG audio tracks support through LIBTREMOR
* fixed FIFO access timings when using invalid write code value (“Clue” menu)
* fixed DMA Copy with undocumented code value (“Fatal Labyrinth” end sequence)
* minor code fixes & optimizations
* optimized 68k stack read/write functions
* fixed broken 68k address error emulation
* fixed 68k interrupt behavior (prevents interrupts from being executed multiple time when 68k is halted)
* fixed Z80 registers initial state, added proper initialization when using PBC (verified on real hardware by Charles McDonald)
* fixed SRAM incompatibilities between BIG ENDIAN & LITTLE ENDIAN platforms (note: this breaks old .srm files with LITTLE ENDIAN platform ports)
* added support for a few recently dumped unlicensed games
* added auto-detection of byte-swapped ROM files
* fixed CD Leds positioning when using NTSC filter
* improved on-screen CD Leds (thanks to Iceknight)
* various code fixes & improvements
FCE Ultra GX is an NES emulator based on FCEUX. With it you can play NES games on your Wii/GameCube. The GUI is powered by libwiigui.
* Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
* iNES, FDS, VS, UNIF, and NSF ROM support
* 1-4 Player Support
* Zapper support
* Auto Load/Save Game States and RAM
* Custom controller configurations
* SD, USB, DVD, SMB, Zip, and 7z support
* Custom controller configurations
* 16:9 widescreen support
* Original/filtered/unfiltered video modes
* Turbo Mode – up to 2x the normal speed
* Cheat support (.CHT files and Game Genie)
* Famicom 3D System support
* IPS/UPS automatic patching support
* NES Compatibility Based on FCEUX 2.2.0+ (r2818)
* Open Source!
* Updated core to latest FCEUX (r2818)
Free and legal NES roms to try with this emulator can be downloaded from here.
Maintaining PDRoms is hard work and very time consuming. News don’t write themselves and also need to be found first. Furthermore donations will help us to pay the server and the domain. Additionally it pays the junk food consumed, while posting news and/or updating the files :)