pure by Quebarium is one of those demos you would not expect these days, as the fanbase of Gamepark’s GP2x has decreased a lot, especially since there are two successors out, namely the GP2x Wiz and the Caanoo. The demo itself is not extra ordinary special, but still worth to watch. The demo ranked 2nd at the @party 2011 wild demo competition.
Gmu is a music player for the Wiz. Gmu supports Ogg Vorbis, MP3, Musepack, FLAC and various module formats (such as s3m, stm, it, etc.). It also includes a playlist and a file browser.
* Internet streaming audio support on network-enabled devices (for web radio, currently mp3 only)
* Graphical spectrum analyzer
* Support for PLS playlist files
* Fixed time display for very long playtimes
* Window icon for platforms running Gmu in a windowed environment
* Per default Gmu’s file browser now advances to the next file when adding a file (optional)
* Configurable verbosity on stdout (with the -v flag)
PokeMini is an Open-Source Pokemon Mini emulator for various systems.
Fixed interrupt flag status after interrupt jump/call
Added “Generated”, “Direct PWM” and “PWM+Filter” sound modes
Generated – Mode used in slow platforms
Direct PWM – Same as direct but with ability to play PWM raw sounds
PWM+Filter – Direct PWM with filtering to simulate PM’s piezo speaker
LCD update now when “dirty” instead of PRC rate counter match
Unofficial colors information structure changed to lower memory usage
Support for 4×4 attributes in unofficial colors
Added “Reload colors info…” to reload the .minc file
Soft reset now supported, changing rom won’t reset clock
FreeBIOS 1.2: Display status and improved compatibility
SDL Only: Added joystick support (disabled by default)
Joystick can be enabled under “Platform…” -> “Define Joystick…”
SDL Only: Color depth can be changed between 16bpp and 32bpp
Wiz Only: Fixed crash when sound disabled and added SDL port (wizsdl)
NDS, Wiz and PSP Only: Battery can be setup to reflect real battery
Source Only: Added some simplified platforms based of others
“Don’t Get Crushed” is a simple game in which you must move left and right to avoid being crushed by balls that bounce across the screen. The longer you survive the faster the game moves and the higher your score will be. Its a clone of the iPhone game Falling Balls.
sz81 is a Sinclair ZX80/ZX81 emulator very much based upon the work of Ian Collier’s xz80 and Russell Marks’s z81 but employing the highly portable SDL and including additional functionality and features for desktop computers and portable devices.
* Added forced (non-LOAD) program loading via a load file dialog
* Added a save state system for saving and loading sz81 save states
* Moved command-line emulation options to GUI runtime options
* Added support for 1 to 4, 16, 32, 48 and 56K RAM (UDG now works)
* Added the ability to save screenshots via PrtScn (SDLK_PRINT)
* Added support for o, 80, p and 81 program file types
* Added autoloading of ZX80 program files in addition to the ZX81
* Added sequential filenaming for ZX80, printer and screenshot files
* Added a ZX80 BASIC xxxx REM SAVE “progname” filenaming hack
* Added an emulator pause feature via Pause (SDLK_PAUSE)
* Added mouse wheel support, used within the load file dialog
* Added a machine code PipePanic game and a machine code template
* Added the GNU GPL’d Open80 and Open81 source code and ROMs
* Added Win32 support via the _WIN32 preprocessor macro
* Applied several graphical and usability tweaks
* Fixed a couple of bugs
Super Pixel Jumper is a fast paced score based platformer with constant forward motion. As long as you avoid contact with the brighter colored blocks your score will continue to increase as will the speed of the game. Your high score is automatically saved.
Maintaining PDRoms is hard work and very time consuming. News don’t write themselves and also need to be found first. Furthermore donations will help us to pay the server and the domain. Additionally it pays the junk food consumed, while posting news and/or updating the files :)