According to the Giana’s Return Team the first public version will be thrown out for GP2x.
Kiwiz released a preview of his work in progress adult game Sexy Battle.
This is a two player only game where the left player has to push the left trigger as often as possible and the right player the right trigger. This is a perfect game to hurt your fingers and damage your GP2x. Good luck!
headoverheels has updated PocketSNES for GP2x.
– Fixed: background graphics bugs in Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden 2
– Fixed: bad sound in Actraiser.
– Fixed: error loading default rom directory.
– Fixed: bug in compressed savestate loading.
– Fixed: Sound issues in firmwares < 4.0.
- Optimizations in c4 emulation code.
Alpha Secret Base has released a brandnew game which works on Windows and GP2x.
You are a lumberjack and goal is to chop limbs. The graphics don’t look too entertaining, but the game is good enough to spend a while with it.
Quasist updated his neat 3D adventure game FleshChasmer I.
+ Enchanced dynamic camera
+ Minor grammar grammarization
M-HT released an update to his Albion remake for GP2x. Datafiles from the original Albion game (v1.38) are still required and do not come with the download package.
– bug fixes, bug fixes and more bug fixes
– minor optimizations
– internal changes
headoverheels and Reesy have updated PocketSNES for GP2x.
Changes by Reesy
– Zipped save states
– Rom Browser code tidied, you can now set the default directory from inside the rom browser. The rom browser now also tells you the current directory.
Changes by headoverheels
– Fixed some bugs in layer priority (super ghouls’n ghosts level 4 for example)
– Optimizations in tile rendering code, ppu emulation, …
– Changes in volume control to be more usable with headphones in firmware 4.0.0 and louder with firmware 4.1.1
– Fixed: some games do not work if you don’t restart the emulator
– Menu now sets cpu clock to 66 mhz to save battery
Franxis and team updated their MAME port for GP2x. MAME is a “multiple arcade machine emulator”.
Changes by Franxis:
– Several optimizations in the FM cores and the sound mixer.
– Jarek YM2151 core replaced by Tatsuyuki’s one (less accurate but faster).
– Maximum frameskip in auto mode set to 7 (to be able to play correctly the heaviest games).
– Fixed crashes using Sync Off option (manual frameskip without speed limiter).
Changes by Slaanesh:
– New Deniam games added (MAME 0.37b6):
Logic Pro (logicpro)
Logic Pro 2 (Japan) (logicpr2)
Karian Cross (karianx)
Marq has picked up the demo Timeless by Tran ( http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=2878 ) and ported it over to PSP, GP2x and Dreamcast.
This release is about two months old but has been spotted right now to make its way to the main page, where it should get it’s deserved attention.
Grz released POV-Ray2x, it’s a port of POV-Ray (Persistence of Vision Raytracer) for GP2x.
– All POV-Ray features except TIFF images support.
– Custom real-time rendering (by lines or mosaic) preview for GP2X, built with minimal library from rlyeh.
– Rendering stats.