Subtera Puzlo by EgoTrip is a homebrew puzzle game for the Nintendo DS console. The object of the game is to escape each screen, collecting the coins, and the key that will unlock the exit. There is an initial time limit of 30 seconds. Avoid the guardians and traps, colliding with these will result in a failure.
Thanks to NintendoMax for the news! If you do not want to register at GBAtemp to get the download, get it from NintendoMax!
ZXDS is an emulator of Sinclair ZX Spectrum for Nintendo DS, written by Patrik Rak. It is steadily reaching a mature stage of development, and it already has some noteworthy features, like accurate emulation of Spectrum 48k, 128k and Pentagon models (including sound), or support for TAP/TZX/PZX tape files, TRD/SCL disk files and RZX playback files.
+ Custom ROMs support. See roms/readme.txt for more info.
+ IF2 ROMs and 48k/128k ROMs can be loaded directly in load requester.
+ Both SZX and Z80 snapshots now support custom ROMs as well.
+ TR-DOS/Beta Disk support for all models, not only Pentagon.
Simply choose the model or reset the machine while a disk is loaded.
You can also autoboot any disk with current model by using R+A.
+ Beta 128 in 48k mode responds even to the standard Beta 48 entry points.
This makes both Beta 128 and many Beta 48 programs work at the same time.
+ True Beta 48 mode can be enabled with proper beta48.rom (such as TK90X’s CBI95 ROM).
+ Added NMI aka Magic button – becomes useful with some custom ROMs.
+ Added custom keyboards for more games as well as one for more comfortable text typing.
+ Added Virtual TR-DOS games and ZX AAA demos sites to servers.cfg.
* Pressing Start twice upon startup now takes you to the last used files view.
* Few subtle changes (save slot media loading, ROM launch stats).
* Little optimizations (Z80 core, sound generation, normal speed load mode).
* Subtle emulation improvements (authentic SCF/CCF, MEMPTR and AY white noise).
* Minor bugfixes (grayscale border, step direction bit).
DSx86 is a PC/DOS emulator for Nintendo DS written by Patrick Aalto. It’s purpose is to allow you to run old DOS games on your Nintendo DS game console. Some of the older games run quite good and bring back memories.
– Opcode ADC used ARM adc instead of add in address calculations. Fixed.
– BCD opcodes (DAA, DAS, etc) did not work correctly. Fixed.
– Oveflow flag handling fixed in ADC and SBB opcodes.
– Fixed flags handling in opcodes REPNE CMPSB and REPNE SCASB when CX == 0.
– Fixed [bp+di+disp8] address calculation in several protected mode opcodes.
– Opcodes LIDT and LGDT did not clear the highest byte of 32-bit base address.
– Opcodes LAR and LSL did not handle selector type 0 correctly.
– Fixed pushing EGA memory value to stack in Lords of Doom.
– Fixed mouse scaling in proportional font 80×25 text mode.
EgoTrip updated his Nintendo DS homebrew game Ice Slider. Ice Slider is a puzzle game, with the objective of collecting 10 coins on each level. However, there is a catch, once you start moving, you cannot stop until you hit an obstacle. Obstacles include brick walls which cannot be passed, ice walls that break when bumped into, and directional walls which you can only move through in the indicated direction. There are 80 levels in total, which should keep you busy for a while.
ant512 updated his remake of “Earth Shaker“, a “Boulder Dash” like game, originally released for ZX Spectrum in 1990.
– The ability to load and save levels in the editor with user-defined names (so you can have more than one custom level, and share them with other people);
– A “Custom Level” option on the title screen listing all user-created levels
– Slightly re-organised level editor;
– The ability to load and save boulder/wall/door/soil types in a custom level;
– Fixed for the latest devkitARM;
– Updated to the latest WoopsiGfxGameTemplate (fixes SDL version);
– Start button can be used to test a level in the editor;
– Select button can page through level editor menu panels.