This is an early, but working, Asteroids game for Nintendo’s Wii, coded by aksommerville.
“GRRLIB Move The Pussy Demo” is a technical demo for Wii showing a picture with a cat, moving on the screen.
NoNameNo presents “GRRLIB Move The Boobs Demo”. It’s a technical demo with adult theme.
Video in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxcoMmT08QY
MAG/PiratePila and AntonioND have released a new front SD Card loading utility for the Nintendo Wii. It supports loading ELF and DOL (Wii Mode) and is booted using normal methods such as the Twilight Hack, Trucha Signer and Homebrew Chanel.
How to use:
1) Format your SD card to FAT/FAT16.
2) Decompress MAG_Loader.rar
3) Rename the magloader.elf to boot.elf and copy it to the root of your SD card. The elf also creates a called folder (in the same root). In this folder you will have to put all the ELF and DOL that you want to load with the MAG Loader.
4) Insert the SD in the Wii and load boot.elf from the homebrew channel or twilight hack and now you can enjoy all your ELF in Wii.
Thanks to http://www.tehskeen.com for the news.
The Wii Proof of Concept Linux mini-distro is a small Linux OS for the Wii, based on GC Linux.
adds support for USB keyboards through the IOS keyboard interface
- SD Gecko
- A way to load homebrew
HOW TO USE:
1. Insert the SD Gecko in Slot A.
2. Insert a SD card with at least 512 MB of free space.
3. Run the application and wait until it finishes.
The dumped NAND is encrypted. To decrypt it is needed the
console’s NAND key (do not ask how to get it).
Greetings to #wiidev @ EFnet and ElOtroLado.net.
Svpe has been using the recent developments of the socket interface and have created a loader that loads stuff over TCP.
It is a TCP server running on the Wii that listens on port 8080 by default that will run any binary that is sent to it. Both DOL and ELF executables is supported. There is no IP address display in the Wii part, yet.
Mr. Mirakichi has updated RIN for Nintendo’s Wii. RIN is a
Gameboy and Gameboy Color emulator for the Wii, based upon TGB Dual.
Video in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui1saRoUur4
Lot’s of free and legal GBC roms to try: http://pdroms.de/files/gameboy/
MFE-Wii for Wii, using WII-Linux 8/4/2008. This project is based on the MFE opensource media player for GC-Linux.
- Copy the files mfe-wii.elf and the whole directory “mfe” (including mfe-fs.bz2) to the root of yout SDCard.
- Copy the “.avi” files that you want to play onto your sdcard (in any directory)
- Put the SDCard in the wii’s front sdcard reader
- Connect the gamecube pad
- Launch the file “mfe-wii.elf”, using your favourite method of loading homebrew.
When this utility is booted, it looks for and deletes duplicate Wii Channels, such as the ones you may get from booting a Wii game title from another region and installing an out of region update (for example, Japanese or European Weather and News Channels on a US Wii).
** Use only the version meant for your region, or you will accidentally delete the channels from your Wii’s native region. **