ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft’s Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution’s Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep’s Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision’s Gobliiins; Westwood Studios’ The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts’ SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more. You can find a thorough list with details on which games are supported and how well on the compatibility page. ScummVM is continually improving, so check back often.
It was just 3.5 months ago when we started to prepare for this release, and now finally the day has come.
Ladies and gentlemen, please greet the one and only ScummVM 1.0.0 “Shiny Logo!” The long awaited, the most anticipated, the best… whatever.
We worked very hard on stability in this release, and in addition to all that goodness available since our 1.0.0rc1, we added a new set of ports for Motorola Linux-based phones (those on MotoEZX and MotoMAGX platforms) and fixed just a few hundred bugs.
– Added MotoEZX and MotoMAGX ports.
– Fixed several bugs in GUI.
– Updated the project logo and icons.
– Clarified licenses for several PS2 port files.
– Fixed crash on game exit.
– Fixed crash at detection of some games.
– Fixed load/save code for PC version of Waxworks.
– Fixed undo in Puzzle Pack games.
Broken Sword 1:
– Fixed missing background sound effects in some rooms.
– Fixed crashes with Future Wars and Operation Stealth demos.
– Fix freeze on game pause.
– Fixed gfx glitch in Lost in Time.
– Fixed hotspot-related regressions in Gob2.
– Fixed several regressions in Gob3.
– Fixed crash in Bargon Attack intro.
– Fixed animations in Win3.1 version of Gob3.
– Fixed video performance on PSP.
– Fixed menu blanking in some instances.
– Fix possible corruption of restart game save in Kyrandia 1.
– Fix GFX glitch at the broken bridge.
– Fix for brandon tunring invisible in some situations in Kyrandia 1.
– Fixed performance on NDS.
– Fixed several crashes in Return to Zork demo.
– Fixed several regressions in Nippon Safes.
– Fixed music in sushi bar in Nippon Safes.
– Fixed crash on Macintosh versions of Putt-Putt Joins the Parade and Fatty
Bear’s Birthday Surprise.
– Fixed game save in Macintosh versions of HE games.
– Fixed default save game path in later HE games.
– Fixed palette in NES version of Maniac Mansion.
– Fixed palette in Amiga version of Secret of Monkey Island.
– Fixed cutscenes not stopping music after pressing ESC in DIG.
– Fixed lip-sync in Fatty Bear.
– Fixed crash in FT when entering inventory.
– Fixed crash in palace.
– Fixed crash when talking to the old lady.
– Fixed partially off-screen text in DW1.
– Added mouse pad undeneath onscreen keyboard
– Added ability to scroll when cursor reaches edge of screen (in mouse pad mode)
– Made cd audio read from track01.wav as well as track1.wav
– Fixed bug with switching modes with keyboard active
– Fixed video flickering and stretching is some situations.
– Improved suspend/resume support.
– Improved compatibility with VGA devices.
In short, write a WIZ or PC game using BennuGD.
* The game’s topic is free.
* The games should run on PC and Wiz.
* The games must be programmed using BennuGD.
* The games must be a 2D game.
* The games should run properly on a screen resolution of 320x240x16
(scale_resolution can be used to get this requirement)
* Only accept original games (not previously releases)
* Only original or free graphics, sound and music are allowed.
* The games must will include GPH’s logo and BennuGD’s logo at the beginning of it (those logos will be provided by the organizers of this contest).
* The games must include the full source code, resources, compiling and running scripts, .ini and all the necessary stuffs for the proper execution of the game in PC (Windows and Linux) and WIZ. For WIZ, the runtime should be used in folder .. /bgd-runtime (the runtime files don’t are requiered include on package).
* Joystick and/or mouse supports is requiered.
* Will be appraise the use of the touchscreen (in the case of Wiz), in case of PC, this will be the PC mouse (left button).
* The game’s language must be at least in English. More than one language is allowed.
* We will not accept the use of unofficial modules (dlls/so).
* Each participant may submit as many games to consider, but only the best of them may be creditors of one prize.
* We will evaluate the following categories:
– sound (music/effects).
* The court shall consist of GPH (the sponsor), SplinterGU (BennuGD) and some other members to nominate (this members will be announced shortly).
* Jurors don’t may participate in the contest.
* Under no circumstances will allow games that infringe copyright in any aspect/feature of it.
* Games will not racist, discriminatory or prejudicial to the morals and custom, or prejudice of persons / entities / etc.
* Contestants retain copyright of their works, which means you can reuse / donate code and resources on other projects. But both GPH as BennuGD may freely use all the games involving the competition, provided that this does not represent the sale of such games. BennuGD and GPH are authorized by the contestants to make free and open use of the games participants on issues such as: preinstalled games include in new Wiz or post it on their website as free fee download games, use them as promotion of their products, etc… The contestant shall not claim any economic reward to it.
* Participation in this competition implies knowledge and acceptance of the rules previously mentioned.
* Start/Finish time (subject to confirmation):
– Registration until November 15th (not required)
– Delivery until 6 January (the games must be send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Results on January 16
* Awards (for now only 1 prize):
1st Prize: 1 Full Package WIZ (Wiz + accessories)
2nd Prize: 1 Wiz.
3rd Prize: Accessories Wiz.
andymanone has been working on TV-Output for the Wiz and his work bears first fruits. Just go ahead and see the Youtube-Video!
Here you can see one of the first successfully tests to bring out the WIZ Screen to your TV -Set or external Monitor !!!! I hope, you like it to seen :o) !
Please keep curious for more, see it coming soon!
Thanks to peca ( http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?/topic/50017-wiz-tv-out/page__view__findpost__p__771207 ) for the hint.
Wizznic is an implementation of the arcade-classic Puzznic, written for the GP2x Wiz, Linux and Windows.
This release adds an in-game user-level selector/editor. This is accessed by starting a new game, pressing MENU, and choosing “User Levels” in the menu.
How to make levels: http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?/topic/50301-wizznic-released/
Inkl Player is a media player that supports media library and synchronized lyrics.
* MP3 album art support
* FLAC support
* Media library added
* Works on Dingoo A320
* Works on Windows
* Works on Windows Mobile
* Automatic update added
* Improved reactivity
* Downloads synchronized lyrics automatically
* Settings menu added
* Supports skins for list pages
* Automatic power-off added
* Fixed some bugs on synchronized lyrics
* Display turned off when hold is set
* CPU speed lowered to 100MHz to save power when display turned off (Wiz only)
* Various bug fixes
NES Emulator for Wiz ported by Pickle and Joyrider has been updated.
Railroad Rampage is a cross between an arcade game and a strategy game. It is similiar in construction to many “Tower Defence” games, but it has a twist : here, you are part of the action and can affect the game in many different ways more than just building structures. Bandits are trying to rob your train and steal all precious cargo! Thankfully, you are a skilled engineer who can construct many different kinds of turrets and use them to defend your train. You have to make it through 20 waves of relentless enemy assault before you reach your destination, so plan ahead and devise a smart strategy and you may survive!
* Lots of balance fixes.
* Many speed improvements for the Wiz version.
* Income now changes depending on difficulty-level.
* Some new and improved graphics here and there.
* One new upgrade.
* A pause function.
* A few smaller bug fixes and enhancements.
Wizznic is an implementation of the arcade-classic Puzznic, written for the Gp2X Wiz, Linux and Windows.
Wiz version of the Flash game Drench. Fill the board with colour within the move limit.
FX File Navigator is simple file manager will help you reorder your manga and music without PC and explore WIZ file system.