AGTL makes geocaching paperless! It downloads cache locations in the area visible on the map including their description, hints, difficulty levels and images. Searching for caches in your local db is a matter of seconds. The currently selected cache is shown on the map (and also all the others if you want) and there’s a traditional compass-like view that always points at the cache.
– finger-friendly input and user interface
– download geocaches for offline use with full text, hints & images on your freerunner
– log caches and write notes while out in the field and upload them later.
– writes html page for each downloaded cache
– map view with icons for nearby geocaches (uses openstreetmaps and tangogps map directory, downloades missing tiles automatically)
– search the internal database for geocaches by name or type
– shows current altitude, distance to target, current bearing, direction to target, number of satellites and current position
– target selection: selected geocache, one of its waypoints or manual input
For more features, please read the manual at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Advanced_Geocaching_Tool_for_Linux
AGTL was developed for the latest SHR testing. If you’re experiencing a bad performance, this may be due to an older SHR build.