Xump by Retroguru is a simple one screen puzzle game initially released in 2005 by Psilocybin Development. This overhaul is a rewrite featuring new graphics, new levels, new music… simply new everything.
Help Xump and his human master Holger to disarm mines on fields located somewhere above our atmosphere. Collect coins by destroying fields or mines but do not fall of the playing field. There are 48 levels plus hidden 32 original levels if you can unlock them.
openMSX is one the most advanced emulators of MSX, an 8-bit home computer system from the 80’s for which many great games exist. Compared to the preview version, this version starts up much quicker, has a more responsive and better designed OSD menu and has a virtual keyboard.
This release comes with lots of fixes and improvements. Please consult the text files within the archive for details.
FBZX is a ZX Spectrum emulator for FrameBuffer written by Sergio Costasand ported as FBZX Wii to Wii by Oibaf.
* Emulates accurately the Original 48Kspectrum (both issue 2 and issue 3), the classic 128K, the Amstrad Plus 2, the Amstrad Plus 2A, the Spanish 128K and the NTSC 48k. This includes screen, keyboard and sound (both speaker and AY-3-8912 chip).
* Screen emulation is extremely accurate, so it can emulate border effects and even attribute effects.
* In precision mode floating bus and interrupt timing are accuratly emulated.
* Frambuffer resolution at 640X480 or 320X240.
* Supports Z80 snapshots, both loading and saving, and loading .SNA snapshots.
* Supports TAP (both read and write) and TZX (only read) tape files, supporting normal speed loading and instant loading.
* Tape browser.
* Supports POKE files.
* Supports ZIP files.
* FTP client for loading games from internet repositories (e.g. WOS).
* Emulates up to 2 joysticks of types: Kempston, Cursor, Fuller , Sinclair1, Sinclair2 and QAOP.
* All the wiimote, nunchuck and classic controller buttons and joypads are fully configurable.
* IR Virtual keyboard support.
* Emulates Interface I, Interface II and Microdrive.
* Emulates ULAPlus.
* Emulates Currah microspeech.
* Based in a new, fully free, Z80 emulator (Z80Free).
* Added Currah microspeech emulation
* Added Fuller box sound and joystick emulation
* Added ZX Interface II Rom cartridge loading support
* Added support for Open SE basic ROM for 48k model
* Added file management (paste, copy and delete)
* Added load command for microdrive
* Improved tape fast loading routine
Thanks to Oibaf himself for the email letting us know about this update.
Atarius Maximus makes Atari VCS users happy once again with his new game Touchdown Challenge. The object is to run past the defenders and score a touchdown. The pattern changes when you score. Most of the players run slowly down the field, but there is one who will relentlessly chase you. If you get tackled, the score resets. It needs a lot of polish but is very playable and kind of fun.
In The Invasion by Sly Dog Studios you must stop the space aliens from reaching your weapon, which you are in control of. If they do, your game is over! To fend them all off successfully, max out the score. Use the ‘A’ button to fire, and the D-Pad to move left or right. Get your marksmanship on!
Sly Dog Studios decided to jump on the bandwagon and created a Flappy Bird style game for the NES named Flappy Block. It is infinitely easier than the original, but it does what it is meant to do… waste time!
Ambushed is a tiny shooting game for NES by Sly Dog Studios. You’re walking down the street and suddenly, from a couple of attached buildings that are across the street, you are ambushed by multiple gunmen… luckily you’re packin’ some heat! Use the D-Pad to move the player’s scope around, and ‘A’ to fire. Score 99 (then +1) and you win the game. That’s a lot of baddies for one area! However, if a single bullet reaches you on the other side of the street, you’re a goner. Shoot them before they get to you!
Meteor Guard by Sly Dog Studios is a small space shooter in which you must destroy as many meteors as you can. Once nine of them have passed you, the game ends. Tap left or right on the D-pad to move in the corresponding direction, and when you are vertically lined up with the meteor you would like to destroy, press the B button to fire.
Maintaining PDRoms is hard work and very time consuming. News don’t write themselves and also need to be found first. Furthermore donations will help us to pay the server and the domain. Additionally it pays the junk food consumed, while posting news and/or updating the files :)