Meteor Guard by Sly Dog Studios is a small space shooter in which you must destroy as many meteors as you can. Once nine of them have passed you, the game ends. Tap left or right on the D-pad to move in the corresponding direction, and when you are vertically lined up with the meteor you would like to destroy, press the B button to fire.
Why did the chicken cross the road? For Points, of course! Get the chicken across the road to get some points. Don’t get hit by a car though. Chickens are pretty defenseless against cars. One hit and it’s game over. Game created by Sly Dog Studios.
Xump by Retroguru is a simple one screen puzzle game initially released in 2005 by Psilocybin Development. This overhaul is a rewrite featuring new graphics, new levels, new music… simply new everything.
Help Xump and his human master Holger to disarm mines on fields located somewhere above our atmosphere. Collect coins by destroying fields or mines but do not fall of the playing field. There are 48 levels plus hidden 32 original levels if you can unlock them.
FBZX is a ZX Spectrum emulator for FrameBuffer written by Sergio Costasand ported as FBZX Wii to Wii by Oibaf.
* Emulates accurately the Original 48Kspectrum (both issue 2 and issue 3), the classic 128K, the Amstrad Plus 2, the Amstrad Plus 2A and the Spanish 128K. This includes screen, keyboard and sound (both speaker and AY-3-8912 chip).
* Screen emulation is extremely accurate, so it can emulate border effects and even attribute effects.
* Supports Z80 snapshots, both loading and saving, and loading .SNA snapshots.
* Supports TAP (both read and write) and TZX (only read) tape files, supporting normal speed loading and fast speed loading.
* Emulates up to 2 joysticks of types: kempston, cursor and sinclair1 and sinclair2.
* All the wiimote, nunchuck and classic controller buttons and joypads are fully configurable.
* Virtual keyboard support.
* Emulates the Interface I and Microdrive.
* Emulates the ULAPlus
* Based in a new, fully free, Z80 emulator (Z80Free).
* GUI interface with ZX Spectrum style and sound
* Added screen preview in scr menu
* Added tape settings menu
* Added green color mode
* Added submenu for 48k issue 2 & 3
* Fixed several bugs (mainly memory leakage)
Palomino is a puzzle game for Atari 2600 by Seemo.
The playfield is continuously scanned by a vertical beam, that periodically deposits cells in the playfield. The player has to arrange these cells to form the pattern shown on the top of the screen. To form the patterns, the player controls a cursor that can pick up and release the cells on the playfield. When the vertical beam meets a pattern, it removes the cells that form the pattern from the playfield, and the player scores points. Each pattern has to be composed eight times before the timer, represented by the bar on the top left of the screen, expires.
In the recent update a few bugs were fixed and minor improvements were done. Check the release thread for full details.
Insect Combat is an attempt to create a fighting game, only using insects instead of people.
OK, so my monthly visit to this game only took about one hour to implement and perfect instead of a couple. I have not tested it on real hardware yet, though. I’ll do that later and report back if I see anything that needs to be fixed. Anyway, I added fire breath for Panzer Dragonfly. Seems a little ridiculous, but let’s remember this isn’t really supposed to be based in reality. The year in the game is 2047, though, so dragonflies may be able to breathe fire by then if they hurry up and start mutating that trait. And they are, after all, “dragon”flies. Since this is the special move, you have to be near the foe to do this, just like all the other special moves. To do next is the last special move, Slaying Mantis’s head chomp.
Maintaining PDRoms is hard work and very time consuming. News don’t write themselves and also need to be found first. Furthermore donations will help us to pay the server and the domain. Additionally it pays the junk food consumed, while posting news and/or updating the files :)