ZodTTD has updated gpSPhone, a Gameboy Advance emulator, for iPhone. Version 3.0.0 has been released to the beta testers, expect a public release soon.


Although I’ve been sick all day today, I managed to fix the bug stopping me from updating gpSPhone. Then something truly awesome happened… I noticed I was clearing the instruction cache in gpSPhone’s dynarec incorrectly.

Performance has been vastly improved due to this fix!

You may have noticed in previous versions of gpSPhone that games would seem to have improved performance after doing similar routines over and over again. This was due to the instruction cache of the dynarec being cleared incorrectly and now that it’s fixed, you should have much smoother gameplay.