Luiz Fernando Nai Ribeiro is our hero of the day. The past six months he spent working on an Engine which compiles on the Sega Saturn and on the Dreamcast.
Notes from the author:
Thanks to Johannes who created the libraries in C to access the Sega Saturn hardware and all the community who worked hard to make KallistiOS a good environment for the Dreamcast I was able to create a engine in C where I can make a game for both consoles.
Features of the engine:
– Draw maps and export for Sega Saturn and Dreamcast;
– Draw for the Dreamcast VMU;
– SpriteSheet generator;
– Integration with Notepad++ for coding;
– Integration with Dreamcast/Sega Saturn emulators;
– Compiling and generating the files in windows;
– Tool to export sounds in the correct format for Dreamcast/Sega Saturn.