POWDER is a roguelike game, which is not a port of an existing roguelike. It is built around replayability and long term ergonomics, not short term learning. Author of this piece of software is Jeff Lait.
* MSVC Express Edition 2008 project files and instructions added, created by Andreas Bohm.
* Tower shields are large. (Claudio)
* “You cannot hide from I!” is now “You cannot hide from Me!” (B. Perry)
* Looking at a square will also describe any smoke there.
* The dig spell now has the side effect of spraying the excavated rock shards, damaging those around you.
* Create Pit spell is now 10 MP rather than 15.
* Blizzards fill the air with sleet and snow, not sleet and slow. Though the latter does describe their special effect nicely.
* New spell: Sandstorm
* If a god decides to flamestrike you, you now get a few turns warning to prepare yourself.
* Monsters properly check safety of squares before stepping on them.
* If trapped inside a wall without Phase or Breathess, you will suffocate. (Strange Child, Julian Agloro)
* Helmets should be sorted together now. (Aapo)
* Empty bottles will be filled by down pour now. (Aapo)
* Entomb has a better message when blocked. (Aapo)
* Rocks are created when rocks fall on your head. (Aapo)
* Spells you can’t cast have (!) after them in the zap list (Aapo)
* Saving when out of disk space should no longer corrupt your last save game. (Aapo)
* Tossing an item hand to hand no longer takes a turn. (Aapo)
* Spears, knives, and daggers no longer let you equip stacks. (Aapo)
* You are only prompted to throw one spear of a stack. (Aapo)
* The animate forest spell now has its own icon.
While the highscore is kept, save games are never preserved between versions. Please wait until your current character dies before upgrading.
Create a Nintendo DS or GBA game with a winter or holiday theme. Be it Wack-a-Santa or nuclear snowball fights with diminutive elves we want to see your wintery creations.
* Original content (Satire will be considered fair use).
* All entries must run on hardware, the hardware being one of:
o Nintendo DS
o Nintendo Gameboy Advance
o Nintendo Wii or Gamecube (seperately judged!)
* Multiple entries are encouraged but only one prize will be awarded to any individual / group.
* You are of course welcome to work in teams and split your prize how you see fit.
* No emulators, media players, or straight ports of old games please (e.g. porting quake to DS will not get you many points but porting quake, designing your own winter level and letting me walk around as Santa Claus and blast reindeer would be cool).
* Judging will be at the biased discretion of the participating judges but originality and entertainment will be the main focus (and technical splendor of course). Make me laugh and I will forgive your coder “art”.
* Entries will be awarded points and the scores averaged between all participating judges. These points will be assigned based on the following judging criteria: Competition Judging Matrix
* Submissions will be accepted at anytime and can be resubmitted and updated as necessary until the deadline
Deadline is March 21th 2011 (which ever time zone you prefer, as long as it is still March 21th somewhere in the world)!
Holy Hell by Genecyst is a massive shoot ’em up game for Gameboy Advance. The author has been working very hard on improving the game over the past few weeks and has published a trailer of the most recent version.