Create a Nintendo DS or GBA game with a winter or holiday theme. Be it Wack-a-Santa or nuclear snowball fights with diminutive elves we want to see your wintery creations.
* Original content (Satire will be considered fair use).
* All entries must run on hardware, the hardware being one of:
o Nintendo DS
o Nintendo Gameboy Advance
o Nintendo Wii or Gamecube (seperately judged!)
* Multiple entries are encouraged but only one prize will be awarded to any individual / group.
* You are of course welcome to work in teams and split your prize how you see fit.
* No emulators, media players, or straight ports of old games please (e.g. porting quake to DS will not get you many points but porting quake, designing your own winter level and letting me walk around as Santa Claus and blast reindeer would be cool).
* Judging will be at the biased discretion of the participating judges but originality and entertainment will be the main focus (and technical splendor of course). Make me laugh and I will forgive your coder “art”.
* Entries will be awarded points and the scores averaged between all participating judges. These points will be assigned based on the following judging criteria: Competition Judging Matrix
* Submissions will be accepted at anytime and can be resubmitted and updated as necessary until the deadline
Deadline is March 21th 2011 (which ever time zone you prefer, as long as it is still March 21th somewhere in the world)!
Holy Hell by Genecyst is a massive shoot ’em up game for Gameboy Advance. The author has been working very hard on improving the game over the past few weeks and has published a trailer of the most recent version.
POWDER is a roguelike game, which is not a port of an existing roguelike. It is built around replayability and long term ergonomics, not short term learning. Author of this piece of software is Jeff Lait.
Help menus are no longer off by one. (Patrick Don’t have one, Matt_S, Sam Spencer, Alex Marsh, Robert Barber, mattock)
Remove potential crash when zapping wand of invisibility off map.
Items are no longer revealed by hostiles searching.
Status message “Searched” when you search to make it more clear you did something by searching.
Correct lighting tests for giant mobs along with looser LOS requirements to see them.
No longer crash if a rolling boulder kills the caster and then fills a hole.
You can click-drag on display text to scroll it.
Chris Lomaka’s tiles have been updated with some nice new additional icons.
Help menus are platform specific, so GBA users should no longer be taunted with stylus help, etc.
The Akoi Meexx 10×10 and 12×12 tilesets are enabled in SDL builds. The 10×10 has had a round of manual smoothing applied to it.
Status bar on iPhone now rotates and is hidden in landscape mode.
iPhone now uses native keyboard controls.
If you start the game in a room with only secret exits, you are explicitly told that there are secret exits to search for. (Eisel Mazard)
While the highscore is kept, save games are never preserved between versions. Please wait until your current character dies before upgrading.
Maintaining PDRoms is hard work and very time consuming. News don’t write themselves and also need to be found first. Furthermore donations will help us to pay the server and the domain. Additionally it pays the junk food consumed, while posting news and/or updating the files :)