FBZX is a ZX Spectrum emulator for FrameBuffer written by Sergio Costasand ported as FBZX Wii to Wii by Oibaf.
* Emulates accurately the Original 48Kspectrum (both issue 2 and issue 3), the classic 128K, the Amstrad Plus 2, the Amstrad Plus 2A, the Spanish 128K and the NTSC 48k. This includes screen, keyboard and sound (both speaker and AY-3-8912 chip).
* Screen emulation is extremely accurate, so it can emulate border effects and even attribute effects.
* In precision mode floating bus and interrupt timing are accuratly emulated.
* Frambuffer resolution at 640X480 or 320X240.
* Supports Z80 snapshots, both loading and saving, and loading .SNA snapshots.
* Supports TAP (both read and write) and TZX (only read) tape files, supporting normal speed loading and instant loading.
* Tape browser.
* Supports POKE files.
* Supports ZIP files.
* FTP client for loading games from internet repositories (e.g. WOS).
* Emulates up to 2 joysticks of types: Kempston, Cursor, Fuller , Sinclair1, Sinclair2 and QAOP.
* All the wiimote, nunchuck and classic controller buttons and joypads are fully configurable.
* IR Virtual keyboard support.
* Emulates Interface I, Interface II and Microdrive.
* Emulates ULAPlus.
* Emulates Currah microspeech.
* Based in a new, fully free, Z80 emulator (Z80Free).
* Added RZX support (play, record, add bookmark, edit, browsing) in tool menu
* Preview screen auto extracted from tap, tzx, sna, z80 and rzx files
* Left and right toggle preview windows
* Horizontally scrolling menu
* Last selected file remembered in the menu
* Extended z80 file format to +2, +3, +2a models
* Added AY info emulation in z80 file format
* Z80 file compression (v2.0) for both 48k and 128k models
* Fixed bug in z80 decompression algorithm
Thanks to Oibaf himself for the email letting us know about this update.
In Poetiru by Sebastian Mihai the player controls a brown bear who must eat four bouncing cupcakes. There are nine levels to clear, each level featuring an additional enemy. At the beginning of each level the bear is invulnerable and cannot move until the player presses the fire button to begin. Use this to your advantage, to wait for a gap in the enemies movement.
Fresh from Widdy comes his release for the Nordlicht 2015 Gravedigger Compo for Gameboy Advance. It’s an unfinished Gameboy Advance Shooter named Hyper Armageddon. As most of the time and expected from Widdy, the game clearly shows quality. Too bad this game is damned to not see a final.
Dungeon Stalker for Atari 7800 by Atarius Maximus started out as an homage to Intellivision’s Night Stalker and ultimately evolved into something own. Right now this game should still be considered a work in progress, however it is very a complete and playable game as it is.
I posted 1.190 on 6/11/15, it contains many new features and lots of bug fixes. I also removed the original instruction manual text, put the latest manual behind a spoiler tag, and also added it as a pdf attachment. I highly recommend reviewing the manual as it describes key elements of the game that are important if you want to truly enjoy playing it.
ultima (before known as rpgfaker) updated his action game Sword of Iffrit from 2009. Loki the God of Mischief has stolen the sword of Surtr and split it into 3 pieces. You play as the viking Haldor on your quest to find the sword fragments and return them to your longhouse.
Dead Road is an Atari VCS game by Retro Lord. The world is ending and zombies are rising from their graves and are now wandering the earth, so get in your car and drive, drive, drive down Dead Road. Avoid the other drivers and run over the zombies. Hang on to your helmet, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride!
Manu Löwe currently works on a new Super Nintendo Entertainment game named Furry RPG. It’s in heavily development and no where near done, but if you love to follow projects from scratch, this one might be the one to follow. He is currently playing around with the implementation of Mode 7 and other things. So go and check it, but do not expect a full game yet.
Jared Gray West is working on a new title for the Atari VCS named “Spies In The Night“. Take control over a spy in a trench coat and try to survive! If the beam of the lighthouse catches you, a sniper might end your life.
NEW 6/17/2015: The game is pretty much done at this point. I cleaned up a few last minute bugs, added reset switch functionality, and set up the left difficulty switch to turn on or off the guns at the sides of the screen.
Maintaining PDRoms is hard work and very time consuming. News don’t write themselves and also need to be found first. Furthermore donations will help us to pay the server and the domain. Additionally it pays the junk food consumed, while posting news and/or updating the files :)